Failure is not something to be ashamed by. Failure is inevitable and sometimes an important part of becoming successful entrepreneurs. Without it, how would we learn?
In this off-the-cuff, unfiltered and unapologetic event, weâ€™ll hear from a variety of speakers about their past failure(s) and what theyâ€™ve learned along the way. Sometimes it takes a lot of failed attempts before you get to that one-in-a-million idea that will launch you to success.
Come together, grab a snack and laugh, commiserate and learn with fellow entrepreneurs and find out how their failures made them who they are today.
Emceed by Deb Tillett, President and Executive Director at ETC Baltimore
- "Failing at Life." with Patrick Rife, Cofounder, Pixilated Photobooth
- "Self-Reinvention After Failing to Become a Navy SEAL" with Mike Subelsky, CTO and Cofounder of STAQ
- "Faking It" with Lida Zlatic, Cofounder, ClassTracks
- "Hiring mistakes I've made, so you don't have to" with Smitha Gopal, CEO of Eyemaginations
- "Paralysis by Analysis: The Consequences of Inaction" with Greg Cangialosi, CEO, MissionTix
- "If at first you don't succeed, fly fly again" with Belinda & Terry Kilby of Elevated Element
- "Strategic planning struggles… office space meets growth" with James C. Foster, Cofounder and CEO of ZeroFOX
- "Never failed? You're not trying hard enough." with Jeff Jacobson, Cofounder and CMO, Kinglet
Students can attend free with the code "BIW15BizStudent" (student tickets are limited)
Check out our BIW14 #Failfest Recap for more info on the format of the event.
Spark is located between Rams Head Live and the old Comedy Club. When you go through the entry doors, a set of elevators will be to the right. And you will take it to the 3rd floor.
This event is a part of Baltimore Innovation Week's Business Conference Day. Check out the full list of Business Conference events.
We have partnered with Parking Panda, the nationwide leader in online parking reservations, to allow visitors to purchase guaranteed parking near our Business Conference Day. View real-time availability and pricing at many convenient locations within easy walking distance to Spark Baltimore.
Once purchased, parking is 100% guaranteed even if the location otherwise fills up. Simply present your purchase confirmation at the selected location, and this serves as your payment with no additional payments or fees ever. Parking availability is very limited, so it is strongly recommended that you purchase your parking in advance, if driving.